the $4800 6mt Craigslist Coupe... uhhh...build? - Page 18 - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | baltiyskiy-vokzal.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • the $4800 6mt Craigslist Coupe... uhhh...build?

the $4800 6mt Craigslist Coupe... uhhh...build?

Old 11-29-2017, 08:13 AM
My previous engine burned oil so much that it blew a quick puff of smoke on startup lol. The current engine doesn't seem to burn any oil (so far). A swap or even a rebuild (even better) would be best at this point or just ride it until it goes kaboom lol
Old 11-29-2017, 08:20 AM
I have a puff of smoke on start, but it's not blue smoke, it's black richness..no oil smell at all.

I'm doing an oil change tomorrow. I think I'll swap a qt of oil for a qt of Rislone..see if I can get some ring sealing to happen. Although at 140k I'm sure the valve seals are about toast too.

Last edited by EPiK; 12-01-2017 at 07:41 AM.
Old 12-01-2017, 07:50 AM
today will be a car day... oil/filter change with Rislone in the crankcase. Finally going to install the Innovate wbo2, maybe work on finishing and installing the diffuser fins. quieting down a buzzy interior panel in the passenger rear.

I dropped down to 89 octane on this tank to see if I can knock out some of the richness and black soot on the rear bumper. Really curious to see what AF the wbo2 reads on 89 vs 93. The exhaust note is sharper and has more bark compared to the the fat rich dull tone on 93 already. Curious on mileage as well.. been averaging 17-20 mpg commuting spiritedly.

Keeping in mind though, this is a generic base tune on the UpRev...keep looking up.. there's more HP to find once I can datalog AF for Seymore4s etune.
Old 12-01-2017, 09:37 AM
Been getting 16 mpg lately as all I do is remote start the car and drive it no more than 40 mph. Rip these low speed limits and checkpoints.
Old 12-01-2017, 01:11 PM
I like the center exhaust! The diffuser looks like it needs some add ons but it looks like you have that in the works! Im interested to see it complete!
The Following User Says Thank You to Dannyb2134 For This Useful Post:
EPiK (12-01-2017)
Old 12-30-2017, 02:20 PM
Well I installed the Innovate WB and confirmed what I already new.. the exhaust is rich.

at WOT it hangs out in the 12.4:1 air fuel ratio, at first tip-in it actually dipped to almost 10:1. Cruising afr was correct at stoich (14.7:1) or above.

So, at sea level elevation this base map is a VERY safe tune.

Then after about 3 days, the bosch lsu4.9 sensor is dead. pi$$ed me off. not to close to a heat source..not sure what the excuse is, but I know it's not in their warranty (only the guage).

new sensor is about $70 or half the price of the kit.. orrr..I just found out that a buddy I used to drift with just bought an installed dynojet. Time to see what this thing will do as is and move up from there.

No other work on the car, been trying to ramp up my 944Turbo Outlaw project for the Tail of the Dragon next year. Long way to go.

as always, Stay Tuned
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
Old 01-10-2018, 03:45 AM
18 pages later, WOW ... what a ride. Props for sticking with the car. Sounds like it was worth it. And thank you for some guidance on what to add to my "to do" list. Can't wait for more updates.
Old 01-12-2018, 05:54 PM
Added 16mm of width to the front track today. I always have thought the front wheels needed a bit more flush, they sunk in despite the Porsche adapter thickness. Long story short, I slipped a 5/16" spacer onto the Porsche pattern. The center bore lip is almost 1/2" so the wheels are pushed out 8mm now, and they are still hubcentric.

Handling with the wider front track is really stable, and turn in was faster on the test drive run. Probably all in my head, but it looks great...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: