HideAway License Plates? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | baltiyskiy-vokzal.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • HideAway License Plates?

HideAway License Plates?

Old 09-04-2003, 03:00 PM
HideAway License Plates?

People all over Miami got them but i can't figure out where from, and i want a real high quality one...

Does anyone know where to get them

Here in Fl Anything is legal!!!!!!!!!!! hehe

Peace

'03.5 Bril Silver/Black || Prem || Perf || Aero || Solid Allum Pedals || Allum Matts (Infinit Logo) || Tints
Old 09-04-2003, 07:05 PM
Re: HideAway License Plates?

what exactly is a hide away license plate? does it retract into the trunk when you see a cop or want to steal something? that would be nice.

btw, i know a shop here in So. Cal that will build a secret compartment into your car. It opens by waving a high powered magnet over your center console. A hydraulic lift lifts up the console to reveal an area able to fit drugs, guns, secret cellphone with girl's numbers on it(to hide from the gf or wife [some guys actually uses it for this]), or other things better off hidden deep inside a steel, airtight box.

G35S 6MT
K&N FAI
Technosquare ECU
6-wire ground kit
Quantum tint
Custom sunshade
Old 09-05-2003, 03:24 AM

What has this world come to? Sheesh...

It's still a G thang!!
Old 09-05-2003, 03:46 AM
Cactus Hugging Admin

How about you wave a high powered magnet and your girlfriend is lifted out on a hydraulic lift?

Are we talking a license-play hider a la James Bond? Flips over, etc., one that retracts into the body, or literally a flap that covers the license plate and can be lifted? I didn't know covering a plate or tags was even remotely legal anywhere in the US...
G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow G35
Premium / Sport / Aero / Winter / Navi / Tint
Old 09-05-2003, 12:36 PM

There are two types one that is illegal ie:
Flap comes up and down covering the plate!

Then their is the legal one that is a cover for your licenses plate that prevents camera's from being able to pick up your tag numbers and so forth, and it makes it hard for cops to read it by eye too. It is tinted dark and has micro cut edges that mess with light so that camera's will only get a black image of the plate! This type is LEGAL in Fl.

At like Autozone they sell some cheap wannabe covers that they say protect the license plate (slight tint, many colors) {VERY RICEY}... these are not the real deal ... they don't black out camera's!

So anyone got any idea's on where to find them locally, or on the internet, i saw one a while back but now can't find it!

Peace

'03.5 Bril Silver/Black || Prem || Perf || Aero || Solid Allum Pedals || Allum Matts (Infinit Logo) || Tints
Old 09-06-2003, 08:11 PM
Unimaginative, Indecisive User

ericinmia... wow that sounds pretty neat. but here in the midwest that would only be good for if you were trying to skip out on paying at those automatic coin tollbooths. we don't have those cameras at stoplights (for example, to catch you running yellow-red lights) like more populated states like cali or florida have.

lol geobau... a hydraulic lift for your girlfriend? you must like them large and "healthy." [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]

<font color=purple>.g35girl.</font color=purple>
Old 09-06-2003, 08:37 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin

I prefer... Rotund. Corpulent. Rubinesque. Shut up!

BTW, g35girl, we've got a lot of those cameras around the city... guess you haven't seen them. Off the top of my head, 71st and College, Meridian and 86th, Merdian and 96th, Michigan on like 5 lights, etc. etc. A friend of mine has gotten two-- he said "It was 2am! No one was at the light! I stopped, and just through!" Haha... still illegal [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]

G

Old 09-06-2003, 08:42 PM

wow i didn't know that. but then again, i don't really drive those intersections you mentioned. i'm usually downtown or the highways.

Old 09-06-2003, 11:56 PM

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I found them! Here are two examples:
(I am purchasing the later)

</BR>

/>

</BR>

/>

</BR>
This Should be soo nice once installed, Hell yeah!!!!!!!

Peace, * Fun driving.................safely!

Old 09-07-2003, 01:29 AM
Administrator

That Alberta plate sure looks familiar![img]/w3timages/icons/laugh.gif[/img] Several here in Alberta have the plate covers as the two major cities uses photo-radar extensively. The plate covers are illegal here, and I've seen cops pull ppl over and have them removed on the spot, issuing a fine on top. I bought one that I returned because of this. Got a great deal on it for about $20 CDN, but the fine made it not worth my while. It's pretty obvious that you have one on the vehicle even from directly behind if you're looking. Just make sure they're legal to use where you are.

<font color=green>GG</font color=green>
Old 09-07-2003, 04:04 PM
Premier Member

Anytype of cover over your license plate is illegial. Weather it is clear, tinted, or not.

Thanks - Joey Avino
Old 09-07-2003, 05:36 PM
baltiyskiy-vokzal.ru Moderator

even the dealer's frame is illegal [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]

<font color=green>-Rambo</font color=green>
G35c 6MT DG/Willow/HyperGround/BorlaExhaust
Old 09-07-2003, 05:53 PM

is florida the only place that hideaway thing is legal?

Old 09-07-2003, 06:02 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin

You'd think they would mention it on the site. But noooooo, that might hurt sales [img]/w3timages/icons/wink.gif[/img]

G

Old 09-07-2003, 06:30 PM

haha, so you've already checked out their site, eh? [img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]