Am I doing it wrong? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | baltiyskiy-vokzal.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Am I doing it wrong?

Am I doing it wrong?

Old 11-30-2017, 08:03 PM
Am I doing it wrong?

Alright, so I installed a catch can on a car for the first time. I got sick of looking for 1/2" fuel line so I just ended up doing this:

- Vented catchcan with 1 inlet capped off
- PCV Return line to the manifold capped off
- then 1 3/8" FI hose from the PCV to the catch can

Started and ran the car, everything seems cool. Just wanted to make sure since this is my first time.

Old 11-30-2017, 10:18 PM
's Avatar
Cleric670
You'll know you did it wrong if it builds up pressure in the valve cover and blows out the gasket which is time consuming to replace
Old 11-30-2017, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
You'll know you did it wrong if it builds up pressure in the valve cover and blows out the gasket which is time consuming to replace
Yes, quite the situation I am trying to avoid. I just wanted to double check my thinking that venting PCV to a vented catch can with the return capped is right.

Guess at this point if something like that happened the damage is done.
Old 11-30-2017, 10:27 PM
's Avatar
Cleric670
A vented can usually won't have a return, are you sure it's not just a double inlet can?
Old 11-30-2017, 10:32 PM
Here is the guy I am using off of ebay. It is a double inlet can, until I can get to the rear valve cover vent I blocked off the second one.

Old 11-30-2017, 10:35 PM
's Avatar
Cleric670
The driver side vent is really easy to access once you pull off the intake pipe, leave the MAF/airbox, there is enough play in the "accordion" section to remove just the intake tube and leave everything else in place.

Obviously you have to take the strut tower brace off.
The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected] For This Useful Post:
Chipskream (11-30-2017)
Old 11-30-2017, 11:16 PM
Right on, thank you. I will give that a go tomorrow after work. I need a couple more feet of 3/8" anyways.
Old 12-01-2017, 01:01 AM
SLICK
Thanked 1,046 Times in 931 Posts
I suggest you do the Search (catch can install) and start over before this failure causes major issues! And don't install a vented catch can!
Gary
Old 12-01-2017, 07:39 AM
Well, I found a motordyne35 video on youtube, which is where I came up with this. basically this is 1/2 of it implemented. So I guess I did follow a video, as I said I was going to do the rear one also but ran out of time after the SS brake lines and Master Cylinder

here is the video:

EDIT: I guess if I did it wrong, fine. I think I just did it different. Reminds me of an elaborate PCV filter that you see honda's running all the time. Maybe I was asking for a conversation on why it might be wrong not just, "it's a failure"

Last edited by Chipskream; 12-01-2017 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Second thoughts.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: