Chevron vs. Texaco w/ Techron - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | baltiyskiy-vokzal.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Chevron vs. Texaco w/ Techron

Chevron vs. Texaco w/ Techron

Old 07-07-2008, 09:58 PM
Chevron vs. Texaco w/ Techron

I know everyone is sick of looking at all of these gas threads, but i have been trying to do some research and haven't found much. There is now a Texaco station by my house and chevron has been closing down a lot of its gas stations. I noticed that on the pump (texaco) that they use techron in their fuel. Chevron also uses techron - obviously since its their product.

Anyways, to make a long story short. The amoco with techron is about .08 cents cheaper than the chevron with techron and from my knock sensors and all that it seems as though it runs just as clean as chevrons fuel...any input?

-Sean
Old 07-07-2008, 10:01 PM
chevron corp owns both, I would suspect they are the same gas
Old 07-07-2008, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlude97
chevron corp owns both, I would suspect they are the same gas
I just looked it up on chevrons website and found that they do in fact own texaco...i never knew that . I wonder if there is a difference in the fuel...how could i find out?

-Sean
Old 07-07-2008, 10:13 PM
There isn't a difference in any fuel from company to company... just the additives, and if they use the same additives, then everything is the same.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dofu
There isn't a difference in any fuel from company to company... just the additives, and if they use the same additives, then everything is the same.
And you know this how? That wouldn't make much sense...every company makes things differently.

-Sean
Old 07-07-2008, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nismo G
And you know this how? That wouldn't make much sense...every company makes things differently.

-Sean
He's right, gasoline is a fungible product, companies put it into a pipeline and then pull out that amount elsewhere down the line. The fuel is the same until it gets to the fuel tanker, that's where the additives are put in. Very few ppm at that. There'd be no way for every company to separate fuel on its way cross-country.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:59 PM
Texico is owned by chevron by amaco fuels is owned by Bp...why would bp put in techron a product of chevron?

-Sean
Old 07-09-2008, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dofu
^^this is 100% correct. people get so wrapped up in what gas they use.. it boggles my mind sometimes.
Old 07-09-2008, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by giddyup69
^^this is 100% correct. people get so wrapped up in what gas they use.. it boggles my mind sometimes.
The base gasoline may be the same, but the additives are what differentiate between gas companies, and those DO make significant difference, and those SHOULD be used to choose a gasoline company to use.