Has anyone gone from a Lexus/Bmw or Benz to the Infiniti? - Page 3 - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | baltiyskiy-vokzal.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Has anyone gone from a Lexus/Bmw or Benz to the Infiniti?

Has anyone gone from a Lexus/Bmw or Benz to the Infiniti?

Old 04-08-2012, 03:59 PM
I went from my fourth BMW to an '08 g35x and an '05 g35x. I had a 2000 328i, 2003 325i, 2004 330i and a Berger tuned 2006 330i. I've also had Hondas and Toyotas and can say that the Infiniti is cheaper but much more reliable. It all depends on what you are looking for. If you want high quality but poor reliability, get a German car. If you want excellent reliability but worse quality, get an Infiniti. If you think Infiniti is a bad value, don't get one because nothing is going to change. I personally think that Infiniti is excellent value and you get a lot for your money and I also think the value surpasses Lexus.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:04 PM
Coming from an e46 m-3 with everything option u could get and a vf engineering supercharger. I must say that this guy is full of it when hes talks all this about the g. First of all u wanna talk about the interior, well how about how all the plastic trim on the bimmers peel off ( kinda like what the g does on the door panels and steering wheel) and all of the bimmers do it even the 7 series. The stereos sound like *** on a bmw. The seats on an m3 are not as comfy as the g seats. Lets talk maintenance and cost i used to have my car at the dealer at least once a month!!!!! And the g well its been there 3 times since i bought it brand new in 08, i got the tsb for the brakes done one time, got the steering wheel replaced the other time, and the third time was to buy some new floormats. And if you dont believe me when i say that bimmers break alot and have alot of recalls and tsb crap well u should just believe me since im a mechanic at south bmw and mini here in miami, so yeah i deal with it all first hand even bmw drivers like YOU. And if you wanna talk about lexus i can go for days since my father is a service manager at a lexus/toyota dealership, he's been there for 20 years and he tells me horror stories all the time. Now im not in any way saying that infiniti its better than bmw or lexus. Because EVERY car company has good things and bad things as well, but u are pointing out little things that dont make a vehicle better or worse. Just my 2 cents bro.
P.S. If i wad you i would just delete my account now and go quietly because ur going to get grilled in this forum coming to an infiniti forum to talk bad about infiniti, not a good idea!
The Following User Says Thank You to 1lowsdn For This Useful Post:
G3065 (05-21-2012)
Old 04-08-2012, 05:07 PM
Infiniti > Lexus and MB

I have an '08 G35X sedan. I also drive my mother in law's cars regularly for family reasons. She had an '07 Lexus ES350 and now has a '12 MB C250. While the G has a significant power advantage and neither of her vehicles are sports sedans, nevertheless there is no comparison, the G blows those cars away - power, handling and ride quality all far superior with the G. My G is now 4-years old and the only issue that arose was a chipped steering wheel replaced under warranty. Mechanically it's been perfect. The Lexus ES had a huge oil flood (not leak) due to a faulty oil hose line and also required a replacement water pump - both within warranty period. The MB is new, but it's 40k and is smaller, way slower and overall is no comparison to the G.

My other vehicle is a '99 Lexus RX 300 AWD which I have owned since 2001. While I like it and it has lasted over 200,000 miles, it was luckily a CPO purchase as both the engine and transmission failed between 85k and 90k. I also drove an IS 250 loaner for four days when my RX was being serviced. Of course closer, but tiny inside and for about the same price you can get a G37 not a G25. For these reasons I think the G is a great car at a great price. Of course the generation is nearing its end and I can't wait to see the 2013.

As far as I'm concerned, I don't think Lexus or MB can build a car as good as the G for near the price.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:38 PM
Honestly, I've test drove every competitor out there and the only one that can really stand toe to toe with the Infiniti G line in terms of performance and reliability is Acura's 2009-2012 TL with SHAWD.

The usual German suspects (A4, C-Class, 3-series) are underpowered on the cheaper models and cost so much to repair (and you'll need repairs frequently). I'd only get these if you are leasing.

Lexus has gotten really expensive and the dynamics aren't close to anything in the class. Engine is a beast though.
The Following User Says Thank You to chris2k5 For This Useful Post:
implicitv36 (04-09-2012)
Old 04-08-2012, 05:39 PM
^^ Hey guys, I hope you realize that you are just playing into, and legitimizing his little drama quest here, which is EXACTLY what he wants. His arguments are clearly absurd; there's no need to stroke his ego by refuting him.

When ignored, this type of poster will typically move on to another forum where he'll find gratification.
The Following User Says Thank You to vqsmile For This Useful Post:
Grace (04-09-2012)
Old 04-08-2012, 06:55 PM
I drive a noble m 600. Now what bitches!!!!
Old 04-09-2012, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freshness View Post
I had an IS350 Lexus before I got the G, and honestly I must say the fit and finish of minor things are subpar IMO. The Lexus has a touch access door entry rather than pushing a button every time. I feel like the Nav screen trim is cheap and flexible, just some other things that really show me that Nissan didn't put the time and effort to make this a truly Luxury automobile. I also have an M3 Coupe as weekend car, and well, I don't need to say anything more. The keyfob is so cheap looking and they use the same one's for Nissan's? The headliner is an exact replica of the one in my friends Altima...There should be an element of exclusivity there if you're paying twice the price of an Altima for this car. Infiniti needs to step their game up because as it is, I don't see them ever surpassing Lexus in terms of quality..yet they charge the same prices..but Lexus holds their value much more.

This is my last Infiniti.
Alright, I feel like I can contribute, having both a 2007 Lexus ES 350 and a 2003 Lexus LS 430 as well as a 2007 Infiniti G35x Sedan. All the cars had the navigation package, and almost all the options, and my Infiniti also has the Tech package. I would like to tell you that Lexus targets a different group than Infiniti and even BMW.

I'll tell you that the fit and finish on the G does seem slightly worse than the Lexus, but nothing so significant that an average person could tell the difference. The Lexus ES 350 I had looked like crap with the teardrop design in the middle console compared to the G, and there was no wood trim on the dashboard on the 2007 Lexus ES. The only thing that I preferred over the G was that once you touch the handle the doors automatically unlocked. However, it's not a problem as you say it is.

One thing I really appreciated on the G was that the wood trim was not actually lacquered so much as on the Lexus. I feel like Lexus lacquered the wood so much that it looked like plastic.

And you're kind of comparing apples to oranges here. Lexus builds their cars for pure luxury while Infiniti builds their cars for sport luxury. The ride quality is completely different, and the Lexus feels smoother but definitely soulless to drive. It feels like you're driving on a cloud.

With the Infiniti, you get a cross between the Lexus and the BMW: you have the sportiness of the BMW and the luxury of the Lexus. Infiniti settles nicely in between. Have you even looked at the BMW? The interior looks like crap unless you at least get the navigation/media package.

Oh, and as for the Navigation screen, on my Lexus, both Lexus and Infiniti have pretty much the same screen that is flexible. In fact, they probably even use the same screen since all screens are pretty much designed and manufactured by Samsung or some other LCD company.

Also, the Infiniti is a couple thousand less than the comparable Lexus IS 350, so I don't see your point. It's not like Infiniti charges a lot and gives you a crap car and less value for the money than the Lexus does. You already have a superior engine and at the time, there was AWD option available on the G and not on the IS 350. You get a lot more car for the money. The comparable BMW 3 series is even more expensive and the basic model lacks a lot of options that the Infiniti already has.

Last edited by mathnerd88; 04-09-2012 at 01:29 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mathnerd88 For This Useful Post:
implicitv36 (04-09-2012)
Old 04-09-2012, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathnerd88 View Post

Lexus builds their cars for pure luxury while Infiniti builds their cars for sport luxury. The ride quality is completely different, and the Lexus feels smoother but definitely soulless to drive. It feels like you're driving on a cloud.

With the Infiniti, you get a cross between the Lexus and the BMW: you have the sportiness of the BMW and the luxury of the Lexus. Infiniti settles nicely in between. Have you even looked at the BMW? The interior looks like crap (instead if that id say the interior looks sedated/old) unless you at least get the navigation/media package.

You get a lot more car for the money. The comparable BMW 3 series is even more expensive and the basic model lacks a lot of options that the Infiniti already has.
Very nicely summed up! thats a very true and unbiased review that i concur with as well!. No car is perfect but to get a good hybrid between 2 great vehicles is where infiniti shines.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:42 PM
which year g35 is OP comparing to the newer lexus? i hope not the 2003 g35 cus that wouldnt make much sense
Old 04-09-2012, 05:47 PM
^OP's second post, he says he has an 08
Old 04-09-2012, 05:51 PM
^ah i see. side not i hate bmw cup holders on their 07 3 series cars
Old 04-09-2012, 05:59 PM
I only read the OP's post. All I can say is I don't know what G you were stepping into because the only thing cheap looking in my G are the heated seat buttons. At least when compared to mid-sized sedans in it's class.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:16 PM
^ like VQ said im sure he was just a troll and has moved on after attempting to rattle some cages
Old 04-09-2012, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kool_yaar View Post
^ like VQ said im sure he was just a troll and has moved on after attempting to rattle some cages
That troll needs to get back under his bridge.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:34 PM
Thanked 1,935 Times in 1,245 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vqsmile View Post
^^ Hey guys, I hope you realize that you are just playing into, and legitimizing his little drama quest here, which is EXACTLY what he wants. His arguments are clearly absurd; there's no need to stroke his ego by refuting him.

When ignored, this type of poster will typically move on to another forum where he'll find gratification.
You must understand that what we're doing is simply trolling the troll. trolololo.