2005 G35 recalls or "TSB" - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | baltiyskiy-vokzal.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

    > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • 2005 G35 recalls or "TSB"


2005 G35 recalls or "TSB"

Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 11-26-2005, 04:11 AM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2005
location: California
Posts: 254
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2005 G35 recalls or "TSB"

Anybody know where I can find a list (if there is any)
recalls or Technical Service Bulletins as the dealers like to call them?

I've heard of the buzzing and slight rattles the G35 has and
my 2005 seems to be no different.
In the first 500 or so miles the driver's B-pillar began to make
a faint buzzing/ticking noise especially when driving over anything
but the smoothest of surfaces.
Well recently I've noticed a slight rattle/clicking coming from what
sounds like the back (maybe from the platform where the rear Bose speaker
sits...???)

I know there's been discussions before and I know searching can help and will produce the dash/shifter/clock squeak TSB, but
I figured a complete list of the recalls or TSB (maybe other squeek areas have been added) would be helpful for all.
If the buzzing/rattling is in there, I want to take my car in.

Thanks

Last edited by Driver72; 11-26-2005 at 04:19 AM.
Old 11-26-2005, 10:55 AM
Registered User
Join Date: Nov 2005
location: Philly, PA
Posts: 19
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2005 G35 TSBs:


Recalls and TSBs (Technical Service Bulletins) are two different things.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:13 AM
Registered User
iTrader: (7)
Join Date: Oct 2002
location: Vero Beach, FL
Posts: 2,474
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
I have noticed the buzz (rattle) in the driver's side B-pillar also. I found that it is coming from the seat belt height adjuster. I only get the noise if the height adjuster is in the highest slot. I just dropped it down to the middle position, and I have never heard it again.
Old 11-26-2005, 02:02 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2005
location: California
Posts: 254
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I thanks guys, this appears to solve my problem.
The ticking/buzzing noise from the front door B-pillar
might be fixed under this TSB:


And the clicking noise I was hearing coming from the rear might be
the rear door TSB that I saw too.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:55 AM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2005
location: California
Posts: 254
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Update:

So far the ticking/buzzing noise coming from the
driver's B-Pillar or the rear window/platform area
behind the rear seats where the speakers are
both have NOT been fixed.

After a couple trips to the dealer, they installed the foam
in the other areas where TSB's have listed.
But only after the 2nd trip to complain about the
driver's B-pillar did they tell me it was the
Window Regulator bolts.
But guess what, they didn't have the new ones in stock
so I've had to set up another appointment.

The ticking noise coming from what appears to be the
rear window or surrounding area has NOT been cured.

Gotta say, this is VERY annoying in a $38K car.
Our 2002 Maxima has ZERO rattles or buzzes at all
even after 60K miles of driving. How come the "luxury"
division of Nissan can't make their cars rattle/buzz free??

I hope this weeks visit solves this, because it REALLY spoils my
liking for this car.
I've never owned a car that rattles/buzzes as much as
this G35, unless the car was 10+ years old!
Old 03-28-2006, 12:08 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Dec 2005
location: So Cal
Posts: 98
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I hear you man. My G is in the shop again and again. I currently having my third HU installed and about 4 TSB looked at. My car doesn't even have 3k on the clock yet.

I agree, mine rattles more than any other car I have owned new/used/old or new. I have renamed my car the G POS.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:54 PM
Premier Member
iTrader: (3)
Join Date: Feb 2004
location: South
Posts: 3,671
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I also have the buzz in the b pilar, the right rear window creaking and the passenger front door buzz when the bass hits. The dealer has yet to fix these issues after it has been in 4 times for them.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:50 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Mar 2006
location: Discovery Bay, CA
Posts: 38
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G35_TX
I also have the buzz in the b pilar, the right rear window creaking and the passenger front door buzz when the bass hits. The dealer has yet to fix these issues after it has been in 4 times for them.
I also had the right rear quarter window creaking. The first time they did I don't know what to it, but did not replace anything. I took it back about a month or two later and they replaced all the rubber in that window as I showed the shop foreman at the dealership that I could slide the window around with my hand within the molding. Since then it's been fine.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:12 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Dec 2005
location: So Cal
Posts: 98
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Santa Monica Infiniti just called. They need a third day to replace my HU.

This has got to be one of the most expensive installs they have done.

Go Infiniti !!!
Old 03-28-2006, 07:29 PM
Registered User
Join Date: Apr 2005
location: DB, CA
Posts: 119
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Uh? Which dealer did you go to? I went to Cerritos Infiniti to have my rear windows creaks fixed and also asked about the windows bolt TSB. They told me all 05 G35s DO NOT have the windows regulator bolt problems. For the rear windows creak they claimed to have installed some kind of padding. The service manager was quick to point out that if I still hear creaks it would be due to the tint film on the windows. Of course all the annoying creaks came back after 1 week. So which dealer is talking out of their *****??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver72
Update:

So far the ticking/buzzing noise coming from the
driver's B-Pillar or the rear window/platform area
behind the rear seats where the speakers are
both have NOT been fixed.

After a couple trips to the dealer, they installed the foam
in the other areas where TSB's have listed.
But only after the 2nd trip to complain about the
driver's B-pillar did they tell me it was the
Window Regulator bolts.
But guess what, they didn't have the new ones in stock
so I've had to set up another appointment.

The ticking noise coming from what appears to be the
rear window or surrounding area has NOT been cured.

Gotta say, this is VERY annoying in a $38K car.
Our 2002 Maxima has ZERO rattles or buzzes at all
even after 60K miles of driving. How come the "luxury"
division of Nissan can't make their cars rattle/buzz free??

I hope this weeks visit solves this, because it REALLY spoils my
liking for this car.
I've never owned a car that rattles/buzzes as much as
this G35, unless the car was 10+ years old!
Old 03-28-2006, 07:58 PM
Florida G35 Club
iTrader: (2)
Join Date: Sep 2002
location: New Port Richey, Florida
Posts: 1,126
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadCam
I have noticed the buzz (rattle) in the driver's side B-pillar also. I found that it is coming from the seat belt height adjuster. I only get the noise if the height adjuster is in the highest slot. I just dropped it down to the middle position, and I have never heard it again.

Same scenario here except adjusting does not stop the rattle/tick. Temporarily, I have wedged a small piece of paper between the adjuster and the B-pillar and it has stopped. When I have time, I will remove the B-pillar and come up with a more elegant remedy.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:57 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2005
location: California
Posts: 254
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk3gtr
Uh? Which dealer did you go to? I went to Cerritos Infiniti to have my rear windows creaks fixed and also asked about the windows bolt TSB. They told me all 05 G35s DO NOT have the windows regulator bolt problems. For the rear windows creak they claimed to have installed some kind of padding. The service manager was quick to point out that if I still hear creaks it would be due to the tint film on the windows. Of course all the annoying creaks came back after 1 week. So which dealer is talking out of their *****??

The dealer I've been going to is Parkway Infiniti in Valencia.

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Upgrade Suggestion? Blakelyg35 G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 24 08-15-2015 01:12 PM
FS: JDM battery cover 40 bucks shipped laksjd84 Exterior - Body Parts 13 08-03-2015 06:33 PM
Oil Catch Can confusion lemmy999 G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 0 07-25-2015 01:13 PM
350Z and G35 Transmission AustinErkl Drivetrain 2 07-18-2015 06:44 PM
WTB[SoEast]: 2005 Sedan OEM or OE Springs Scredeur4 Steering & Suspension 1 07-17-2015 07:30 AM


Tags
2005, 2005g35, back, brake, bulletins, creaking, g35, g35x, infiniti, recalls, service, technical, tsb, tsbs, window
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:20 PM.


Copyright ©2002 - 2017, baltiyskiy-vokzal.ru All Rights Reserved. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in:

Related pages


2015 subaru sti 0-60g8 gt modsglencoe infiniticalifornia waterbladed2 coilscarbon fiber nitrous bottle for salehow much does it cost to rebuild a manual transmissionberk hfcg37s interiorcars with 5x120 bolt pattern06 g35 coupe specsinsuring a car with a rebuilt titlehow much should a brake job costpurolator pl14612bull lock lug nutswork schwert sc210000k headlight bulbspainted calliperstouch up paint levelerw505 alpinetiburon turbo kitport and polish cylinder headg35x reviewjdm tail lightsemusa coilovers reviewcts-v calipersg35 yellow headlightresetting airbag lightpioneer avh1450dvdracing lugsb&m shifter instructionsinfinity gxg37 ipl rear bumperhid headlights 8000kkeyhole covertint laws in floridarockchip driverhawk brake pads reviewcleaning rusty rotorsinfiniti aftermarketshort ram cold air intake2003 infiniti g35 coupe reviewmaaco tallahasseenissan 350z twin turbo for salent03mchanging camshaft sensorg35 buildbmw 745i coupetein high.techlexus gs300 forumcheaper than rockautotpms sensors for aftermarket wheelswindshield molding replacementbumper inserts2003 infiniti g35 0-60ark exhaustenergy suspension bushingstransmission fluid flush vs drain and fillthule rack solutiongas guage not workinginfiniti dashboard symbolshow to fix petrol gaugestillen intakevip modular wheels for salecoolant leak from engine blockvortech supercharger frsmetra axxess aswc 1 universal steering wheel control interfacestriped boltupper intake manifold plenumship rimsinfinite baffle speaker350z carbon fiber doors2007 nissan murano key fobthe difference between 5w30 and 10w30what happens when wheel bearings go badmo mo rims