How much would it cost for the install of shocks + springs? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | baltiyskiy-vokzal.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

    > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • How much would it cost for the install of shocks + springs?


How much would it cost for the install of shocks + springs?

Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-10-2012, 10:43 PM
Smitty50's Avatar
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2010
location: St. Louis, Missouri
Posts: 303
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
How much would it cost for the install of shocks + springs?

Looking around to figure out a fair price. I hear anywhere from $400.

I bought hp shocks, s tech 350z springs, ichiba rear camber kit.

Should I at least do the rear camber kit myself? I've looked at guides and it seems fairly easy, I just don't want to mess it up.

Also going to get an alignment of course, but do I get the alignment on the day of the installation or wait a week for the springs to settle?


Thank you!
Old 10-11-2012, 12:24 AM
gary c's Avatar
SLICK
iTrader: (10)
Join Date: Feb 2005
location: Valencia, Ca
Posts: 19,034
Thanked 1,051 Times in 936 Posts
You're on the right track Smitty, $400= is about the cost of having a brake/alignment shop install the springs/camber kit. Yes, wait a week for the springs to settle before getting your alignment....Gary
Old 10-11-2012, 12:43 AM
Smitty50's Avatar
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2010
location: St. Louis, Missouri
Posts: 303
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary c View Post
You're on the right track Smitty, $400= is about the cost of having a brake/alignment shop install the springs/camber kit. Yes, wait a week for the springs to settle before getting your alignment....Gary
Perfect. Thank you for your help!
Old 10-11-2012, 12:51 AM
Registered User
iTrader: (3)
Join Date: Jun 2012
location: Albany, NY
Posts: 702
Thanked 43 Times in 35 Posts
I paid $120 for Coilovers install a week ago. It was a 3 hr job due to the fact that the had to take off after the first install to readjust height. I was able to watch whole install to. I got a good deal.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:32 AM
Registered User
iTrader: (3)
Join Date: Sep 2010
location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 127
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
i paid 500 for front + rear sway bars + endlinks, coilover install, front and rear camber kit+toebolt + ride adjustment.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:59 AM
Registered User
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 332
Thanked 24 Times in 15 Posts
Free, do it yourself, it is easy and can be done by anyone.

Get a spring compressor from autozone(they lease em) and have regular tools around and some jack stands and your set. Best yet, you can make sure they get done properly.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:06 PM
Former baltiyskiy-vokzal.ru Vendor
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jan 2012
location: Anaheim, CA
Posts: 1,866
Thanked 105 Times in 100 Posts
I would also motion to make an attempt at a home installation. You'll save quite a bit by doing it that way.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:16 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (10)
Join Date: Apr 2012
location: San Jose
Posts: 1,089
Thanked 96 Times in 85 Posts
Ya, do it yourself. Save the labor money for something else. It might take you a little longer to do the first one but after you figure things out the rest will be faster. Plus with the guides here & the web it shouldn't be a problem.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:17 PM
dunstopnow's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
Join Date: Jun 2012
location: California
Posts: 167
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Save some money and do it yourself, you can also learn more about your car by doing so
Old 10-12-2012, 05:08 PM
Smitty50's Avatar
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2010
location: St. Louis, Missouri
Posts: 303
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hologram View Post
Free, do it yourself, it is easy and can be done by anyone.

Get a spring compressor from autozone(they lease em) and have regular tools around and some jack stands and your set. Best yet, you can make sure they get done properly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMRWheels View Post
I would also motion to make an attempt at a home installation. You'll save quite a bit by doing it that way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowWizzel View Post
Ya, do it yourself. Save the labor money for something else. It might take you a little longer to do the first one but after you figure things out the rest will be faster. Plus with the guides here & the web it shouldn't be a problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunstopnow View Post
Save some money and do it yourself, you can also learn more about your car by doing so
I think i'm going to give it a go and try installing it myself with the help of my brother and father. Got quoted $619 at Car X for installation and saw the guides and seemed fairly easy enough, save quite a bit of cash!
Old 10-12-2012, 06:12 PM
Flowm9s's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 31
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
for sure try it yourself. from my experience it's not a terribly difficult procedure (unless the rear-lower shock bolt is fused to the bushing like mine was. that was a hassle).
although this video only focuses on installing the lowering springs, the process is applicable for any shock/spring/coilover installation. cant remember if it tells you how to take the rear shocks off but it's pretty self explanatory. Literally 2 nuts on top and 1 bolt on the bottom. Hope this saves you some $$$
Old 10-12-2012, 06:23 PM
Former baltiyskiy-vokzal.ru Vendor
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jan 2012
location: Anaheim, CA
Posts: 1,866
Thanked 105 Times in 100 Posts
Suspension installs are fairly straight forward. As long as you take your time and follow the instructions you've seen I don't think you could screw up. Plus you'll have the satisfaction of knowing you did the work yourself.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:38 PM
Smitty50's Avatar
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2010
location: St. Louis, Missouri
Posts: 303
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowm9s View Post
for sure try it yourself. from my experience it's not a terribly difficult procedure (unless the rear-lower shock bolt is fused to the bushing like mine was. that was a hassle).

although this video only focuses on installing the lowering springs, the process is applicable for any shock/spring/coilover installation. cant remember if it tells you how to take the rear shocks off but it's pretty self explanatory. Literally 2 nuts on top and 1 bolt on the bottom. Hope this saves you some $$$
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMRWheels View Post
Suspension installs are fairly straight forward. As long as you take your time and follow the instructions you've seen I don't think you could screw up. Plus you'll have the satisfaction of knowing you did the work yourself.
I'll be attempting it tomorrow.

You guys are awesome thank you so much for your help and your time!
Old 10-12-2012, 06:49 PM
bluedevils95's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (6)
Join Date: Dec 2008
location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 19,615
Thanked 571 Times in 499 Posts
Glad we can help. you will have more pride when you do the work on your car yourself.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:48 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (3)
Join Date: Jun 2012
location: Albany, NY
Posts: 702
Thanked 43 Times in 35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevils95 View Post
Glad we can help...

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: set of spring from 05 g35 coupe w/sports suspension laksjd84 Steering & Suspension 16 07-12-2017 01:22 AM
FS[Texas]: KSport Air Suspension G35/350Z/M35 privatecorye Steering & Suspension 1 05-31-2016 02:56 AM
Coilovers for 08 G35x Sedan reavensf G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 3 09-18-2015 12:30 AM
Looking for suspension experts - rear feels loose. si_driver The G-Spot 12 08-11-2015 08:08 AM
FS: 05 G35X sedan $6700 wuppiedog G35 Cars 1 08-07-2015 12:16 PM


Tags
2003, 2004, albany, camber, cost, g35, infiniti, install, job, labor, ny, replace, shock, shocks, springs, strut
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:27 AM.


Copyright ©2002 - 2017, baltiyskiy-vokzal.ru All Rights Reserved. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in:

Related pages


pioneer avic-x940btg8 gt suspension upgradesbrembo caliper kitsilverstar zxe 90038in subsjl 10w7 boxhow to stop valve tappinggreddy spectrum elitepo128 engine codeagency power mufflerconcave rimsthrottle sensor replacement costdimpled and slotted brake rotorsnismo exhaust g35boss 331 wheelsdiy methanol injectiondip paint for rimshow much to reupholster car seatsreprogram key fob2 stroke additivetenzo r mufflerobd2 code p0455g37 cabin air filtertint laws nj2005 altima grillavant garde m310 reviewstrut installation costhow to refill clutch fluidtires for infiniti g37slammed g35350z oem front bumperwhich cars have timing chainscode 0455symptoms of overfilled transmissionvin decoder optionshow much is it to replace a drive shafthydraulic e brake setupcracked dash repair kitcharcoal gray plasti dipvmr v710 5x114 3g35 kenstyle rear bumperpg octane r 4.0 2best way to plasti dip your carcamber castorgreddy emanage ultimate featuresasa riminfiniti elite extended protection planaverage cost valve cover gasket replacementsteering wheel shakes at 70 mphhow to get negative camber12 cvr kickersf1 paddle shiftoptima d51 yellow top batteryinfiniti g35 specificationsvinegar to remove water spots on carsteering wheel shakes when going fast2003 maxima strutsinfiniti g35 coupe interiorviper alarm replacement remotehusky oil catch canaoem nis2jic suspension2008 infiniti g35 oil typebee r rev limiter 240sxinfiniti m37 modsfront lip 350zantifreeze in transmissionw7 12 inch subwooferaftermarket halo headlightshaan financialautologic forummomo wheels canadavapor canister purge solenoidis it illegal to blackout tail lightsmcgard replacement key cost3k hid fog lightsdoes seafoam clean throttle bodyvk56 race engine