Front wheel bearing replacement - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | baltiyskiy-vokzal.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

    > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Front wheel bearing replacement


Front wheel bearing replacement

Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-07-2012, 03:07 AM
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 351
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Front wheel bearing replacement

Gota replace the front wb's. Has anybody here replaced just the bearing itself or do u really have to spring for the entire hub. Im tempted to get the part number off the bearing and order one from a bearing supply.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:29 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (12)
Join Date: Mar 2010
location: Seneca, SC
Posts: 661
Thanked 105 Times in 74 Posts
Front wheel bearing/hub assembly is only sold as single unit. Bearing is sealed with hub shaft, no benefit to purchasing bearing seperately.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:36 PM
NismoS13vg's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 74
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
i had to replace my rear wheel bearing on my 03 coupe, the bearing alone was 90$ from carquest auto parts the hub is 150$, the thing is if ur hub is warped or damaged in anyway it could ruin the new bearing, if u have a good mechanic or if your doing it yourself, u can use the old hub but make sure the hub is in good condition and installed correctly. i replaced my bearing with the old hub and my bearing hasnt worn down and is still works fine. i did the repair about 6 months ago. But being tht it was the rear and not the front it could be a slight difference. just make sure whoever does ur repair tht they check the condition of the old hub before they install the new bearing
Old 02-07-2012, 03:44 PM
NismoS13vg's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 74
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
check carquest they actually had the bearing in stock but then again it was the rear and not the front .check online for a front wheel bearing, they just might be sold together like HotRodG35 said
Old 02-07-2012, 03:51 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (12)
Join Date: Mar 2010
location: Seneca, SC
Posts: 661
Thanked 105 Times in 74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoS13vg View Post
i had to replace my rear wheel bearing on my 03 coupe, the bearing alone was 90$ from carquest auto parts the hub is 150$, the thing is if ur hub is warped or damaged in anyway it could ruin the new bearing, if u have a good mechanic or if your doing it yourself, u can use the old hub but make sure the hub is in good condition and installed correctly. i replaced my bearing with the old hub and my bearing hasnt worn down and is still works fine. i did the repair about 6 months ago. But being tht it was the rear and not the front it could be a slight difference. just make sure whoever does ur repair tht they check the condition of the old hub before they install the new bearing
Great advice, NOT !!!

There is a difference (not a slight difference either) between the front and rear hub assemblys. If your going to condradict someoene make sure you know WTF your talking about first.

Back to my previous statement that the wheel/hub assembly are a single unit.

You can verify it with factory service manual.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:09 PM
Blue Dream's Avatar
I drove ttrank's car solo
iTrader: (50)
Join Date: Mar 2009
location: By the sea, Tx
Posts: 16,543
Thanked 1,222 Times in 988 Posts
^^Before you go all commando on someone make sure YOU have your facts straight. You can purchase the bearing and hub separately from any Infiniti or Nissan dealer. Now, I would recommend replacing both at the same time, but that doesn't change the fact they are available separately.

Remember the saying, People in glass houses......................

Example of a bearing sold separately:

And the hub by itself so there are no questions here:
Old 02-07-2012, 04:34 PM
NismoS13vg's Avatar
Registered User
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 74
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
according to HODRodG35 i dont know what iam talking about..Richboy has money for all those mods and repairs.he dont need to budget.....Right its recomended to replace both, but if your short on money u can just repalce the bearing, just make sure whoever does the repair knows wht hes doing. and tht your hub is in good condition. thanks for the support blue dream
Old 02-07-2012, 05:27 PM
LoSt180's Avatar
Premier Member
iTrader: (11)
Join Date: Mar 2011
location: Maryland
Posts: 2,398
Thanked 366 Times in 305 Posts
Just replace the whole hub, it's a remove/replace deal. If you can change rotors, you can change the hub.

I'm not sure if the tone ring (for ABS) is built into the bearing or the hub, but I imagine it would be easily damaged trying to press out a bearing. I had to replace mine when a shop damaged the tone ring installing the SPC camber shims. There's a guy selling one right now for $100 on Craigslist (Wash, DC).
Old 02-07-2012, 10:19 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 351
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
I would imagine that if it was possible to press in new bearings somebody here would have done so already. I think Ill swap out the damaged side with a oem assembly then check if theres a part number on the old bearing unit and cross reference it. Most mechanics i work with tell me that any bearing unit can be replaced with the right tools it u have the part number for the actual bearing. Ill give it a go and post back on the results. Id imagine a bearing alone would be about $50 to $75 vs a hub assembly at $150. Thank u to all who replied here so far. U guys are great.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:01 AM
Registered User
iTrader: (12)
Join Date: Mar 2010
location: Seneca, SC
Posts: 661
Thanked 105 Times in 74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dream View Post
^^Before you go all commando on someone make sure YOU have your facts straight. You can purchase the bearing and hub separately from any Infiniti or Nissan dealer. Now, I would recommend replacing both at the same time, but that doesn't change the fact they are available separately.

Remember the saying, People in glass houses......................

Example of a bearing sold separately:

And the hub by itself so there are no questions here:
Glad you chimed in with more misinformation. You should get your facts straight before going on a quest to prove someone wrong. The parts referenced from EBay are for a G35X ( and I-30/I-35) which I agree you can change individually. EBay seller did a poor job of describing application.

If your going to do a comparison ensure its for the proper application.


Watch out for broken glass !
Old 02-08-2012, 06:18 AM
Registered User
iTrader: (12)
Join Date: Mar 2010
location: Seneca, SC
Posts: 661
Thanked 105 Times in 74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NismoS13vg View Post
according to HODRodG35 i dont know what iam talking about..Richboy has money for all those mods and repairs.he dont need to budget.....Right its recomended to replace both, but if your short on money u can just repalce the bearing, just make sure whoever does the repair knows wht hes doing. and tht your hub is in good condition. thanks for the support blue dream
I still stand by my statement. You or Blue Dream haven't proven the correct bearings/Hub sold individually.

Not going to deny making a comfortable living. I've worked for everything I own. Bicycles were only mode of transportation parents ever bought for me growing up. Paid for every car including insurance and gas.

Dont pay for repairs and maintenance on vehicles that I can do myself. I've done 95% of the mods on my car, rest was done by others because of the equipment or skills.Build thread coming soon after done with many never before seen mods on a G35/350z.

Check out CUX350z thread "Ditched Vortech for Greddy TT" on my350z forum. That was done by Chris & myself in my garage.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:00 AM
Blue Dream's Avatar
I drove ttrank's car solo
iTrader: (50)
Join Date: Mar 2009
location: By the sea, Tx
Posts: 16,543
Thanked 1,222 Times in 988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRodG35 View Post
Glad you chimed in with more misinformation. You should get your facts straight before going on a quest to prove someone wrong. The parts referenced from EBay are for a G35X ( and I-30/I-35) which I agree you can change individually. EBay seller did a poor job of describing application.

If your going to do a comparison ensure its for the proper application.


Watch out for broken glass !
So you really want to argue semantics? The same parts are available for 2WD sedans, coupes and 350Zs. Just call any Infiniti or Nissan dealer, hit up [email protected], or search ebay. I won't do the work for you as I have nothing to prove to you, I'm right so deal with it. No need to be a DC.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:36 AM
Registered User
iTrader: (12)
Join Date: Mar 2010
location: Seneca, SC
Posts: 661
Thanked 105 Times in 74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dream View Post
So you really want to argue semantics? The same parts are available for 2WD sedans, coupes and 350Zs. Just call any Infiniti or Nissan dealer, hit up [email protected], or search ebay. I won't do the work for you as I have nothing to prove to you, I'm right so deal with it. No need to be a DC.
Wow great rebuttal, Are you a Lawyer ?

I contacted the following parts stores:
Bradshaw Infiniti
Benson Nissan
AutoZone
Advance Auto Parts
CarQuest
NAPA
O Reilly's

Those are all the major stores in my area, everyone contacted said the front wheel bearings is sold as hub/bearing assembly because the bearing is sealed and ABS sensor is mounted to hub.

So your half a$$ed search on EBay for the incorrect parts was a failure. Your right ? WRONG D BAG!!!!!!

Semantics ? its the principal that you feel its okay to pass along bogus info and not able to back it up.

Man up and take responsibility for your mistakes.

Fatlip turned to the baltiyskiy-vokzal.ru community for help and people like you supply BS for an answer.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:54 AM
Blue Dream's Avatar
I drove ttrank's car solo
iTrader: (50)
Join Date: Mar 2009
location: By the sea, Tx
Posts: 16,543
Thanked 1,222 Times in 988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRodG35 View Post
Wow great rebuttal, Are you a Lawyer ?

I contacted the following parts stores:
Bradshaw Infiniti
Benson Nissan
AutoZone
Advance Auto Parts
CarQuest
NAPA
O Reilly's

Those are all the major stores in my area, everyone contacted said the front wheel bearings is sold as hub/bearing assembly because the bearing is sealed and ABS sensor is mounted to hub.

So your half a$$ed search on EBay for the incorrect parts was a failure. Your right ? WRONG D BAG!!!!!!

Semantics ? its the principal that you feel its okay to pass along bogus info and not able to back it up.

Man up and take responsibility for your mistakes.

Fatlip turned to the baltiyskiy-vokzal.ru community for help and people like you supply BS for an answer.


Name: Hemad.jpg
Views: 318
Size: 19.0 KB


Since I have no desire to argue with you let's just say you win. Feel better?
Old 02-08-2012, 12:25 PM
Former baltiyskiy-vokzal.ru Vendor
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 53
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Hopefully this may help to clear any confusion regarding the hub/bearing.
This is for a 2WD models. so all V35 coupes and sedans.
As the schematics show, the hub and bearing are one unit.
The part number for the unit is 40202-AL56C

Attachment 148214

Last edited by Infiniti Parts Online; 02-08-2012 at 01:04 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Infiniti Parts Online For This Useful Post:
ErikNYC (09-15-2017)

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help! Rear creaking noise from my infiniti g35 2004 rezendvous420 G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 2 07-16-2016 11:55 AM
2008 G35x Knocking Noise at Highway Speeds rping Brakes & Suspension 0 07-26-2015 10:53 PM
FS: 2006 G35 coupe Liquid platinum TheefrshstVQ G35 Cars 0 07-26-2015 10:37 PM
Difference between front wheel bearing parts? Xfactor Wheels & Tires 0 07-26-2015 06:54 PM
ES Compression Rod Gap is NOT okay! itschuckster G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 2 07-25-2015 09:07 AM


Tags
2004, assembly, average, bearing, cost, dealer, front, g35, g35x, instal, murano, nissan, repair, replace, replacement, wheel
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:29 PM.


Copyright ©2002 - 2017, baltiyskiy-vokzal.ru All Rights Reserved. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in:

Related pages


stillen true dual exhaust 350zgunmetal gray plastidip2000 mustang 5.0how to hook up an amp and subwhat is the ticking noise in my enginehow to rotate asymmetrical tiresxm radio updatemcgard wheel locks lost key350z nismo differentialcamo hood wrapwalmart gel battery2006 infiniti g35 owners manualzaino wax review3 inch exhaust y pipedaylight running lights relaydatsun 510 lowering springscar burning oil fixmr lube kitchenerupholstery glue for cars2002 bmw 530i sport packagesuperstreet magturbo sc300infiniti m45 enginerarejdmsunny sn3870 reviewwhy does my tail light fuse keep blowingmaaco paintjobyakima king joe 2 bike rackbc coils350z berk high flow catsjdm fog lightweapon r secret weapon intake review5w30 castrol edgewhat does it mean when airbag light stays onplasti dip aluminum wheelsmr lube for salewheels leasing canadatint tail lights spraydatsun z forumplasti dip car partsrust free brake rotorsmr lube edmontonoil around spark plug threads2005 infiniti g35x sedancolored brake calipersilco carstreet slicks2004 g35 mpggas gage fusesr20det swap costwhere to buy porter cable 7424xp locallysmoked headlights and tail lightsfette infiniti serviceobd p0455dropzone springsworks wheels vs xxtein s tech reviewkna-g610g35 coupe bumperpo301 cylinder 1 misfireproto x bumperbrown bread sound deadeningg37 strut barburnt tip exhaustgloss black plasti dipvarrstoen es1 hyper blackruff racing rims reviewhow much for rack and pinion replacementadvan rd-gpioneer avhp1400dvd2004 infiniti g35 sedan specshow much does a transmission solenoid cost