Anyone Install OnStar FMV? - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | baltiyskiy-vokzal.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Anyone Install OnStar FMV?

Anyone Install OnStar FMV?

Old 12-03-2011, 12:00 AM
Anyone Install OnStar FMV?

After a instant rebate the total cost is $199 (plus installation). The one benefit is without any monthly cost is Bluetooth. The speaker and microphone are built into the mirror.

As an alternative to a Parrott, how is the sound?
Old 12-04-2011, 09:24 PM
i did not know u could get the onstar for our rides
Old 12-05-2011, 05:52 PM
It is essentially a universal system for Onstar. You essentially get the same benefits as if you bought a GM vehicle.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:43 PM
what would u activate it with?
Old 12-05-2011, 11:36 PM
Replace the mirror with this mirror.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:00 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo
Thanked 1,223 Times in 989 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djfarhan View Post
what would u activate it with?
Ummm Onstar? lololol
Old 12-07-2011, 12:57 AM
Just Purchased One

I just bought the OnStar FMV for my wife's 2012 Honda Pilot. I bought it at Best Buy and had them install the unit. The OnStar unit doesn't have the autodim feature, you have to flip it manually, old skool style. The only things that this unit can't do versus the OEM GM version is unlock the doors remotely and send auto diagnostics to OnStar.

Our Pilot has Bluetooth so, while our FMV has Bluetooth, we don't use the one on the FMV. I paid for a year of service and it cost $29/month. My main reason for purchasing it was for the peace of mind knowing that we have instant access to emergency services. My wife and kids drive to the mountains to snowboard and I'm usually not with them.

The OnStar Navigation is really user friendly and you are connected with a live operator in no time.

I'm very happy with my purchase and have no regrets.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:59 AM
Thumbs up FMV Mirror

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanagon420 View Post
I just bought the OnStar FMV for my wife's 2012 Honda Pilot. I bought it at Best Buy and had them install the unit...I'm very happy with my purchase and have no regrets.
Hope you and your wife are enjoying the FMV mirror, vanagon420. I do some digital work for OnStar and we love hearing about experiences with the mirror from FMV owners, so if you ever have any questions or stories to share please don't hesitate to ask or share!

I wanted to share this link with everyone else who has questions about the FMV It has details on the features of the mirror, vehicle compatibility, and more information about the FMV in general.

If anyone has any questions I'd be happy to help out.

Lisa
Old 12-09-2011, 11:24 PM
This is the product that tracks your driving and sells it to the police right? Heard that a couple months ago, wouldn't get it of that's true...
Old 12-10-2011, 11:30 AM
One of the selling point is that they can track a stolen vehicle. Well that hardly seems like something to consider when purchasing because if I was a thief and I saw an onstar mirror I would rip the thing out and throw it out the window. They put the whole system into the mirror didnt they? You just have to supply it power, right?

Other than that the piece of mind of being able to alert EMT/Police automatically in an accident it great.