Bird droppings stained paint. Help! - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | baltiyskiy-vokzal.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Bird droppings stained paint. Help!

Bird droppings stained paint. Help!

Old 06-25-2007, 12:38 PM
Bird droppings stained paint. Help!

I have the Lakeshore Slate G35 and when I washed my car this weekend I noticed some yellow remnants on my paint from bird droppings. (The bird dropping came off but leaves a faint yellow spot) My paint has Blackfire protectant on it from about 2 months ago.

After trying to scrub it off with soap and water, I took a little Menerza intensive polish but this didn't work either. Any other suggestions before I try rubbing compound?

Thanks,
Bruce in L.A. the city with acid bird poop.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruuster
I have the Lakeshore Slate G35 and when I washed my car this weekend I noticed some yellow remnants on my paint from bird droppings. (The bird dropping came off but leaves a faint yellow spot) My paint has Blackfire protectant on it from about 2 months ago.

After trying to scrub it off with soap and water, I took a little Menerza intensive polish but this didn't work either. Any other suggestions before I try rubbing compound?

Thanks,
Bruce in L.A. the city with acid bird poop.
From what you described, I think you are OK. As long as the bird fecal matter (I hate saying poop) has not etched, I found that a few days in the sun, will fade away the faint yellow stain. In my early days of owing my '06 G35, was very religious about doing "bird fecal matter" patrol on a daily basis. I basically dealt with the issue at hand, in real time. Lately, I let my car go about 2 weeks between washing and worse, 2 weeks without a POOP PATROL. I noticed the same thing after washing, the faint yellow stain was there. I decided to deal with it later. Later was a couple days, and the stain faded away. Anyway, I am back on the daily watch duty officer routine.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:45 PM
yea i had some bird fecal on my passenger door and i guess i never saw it, and it left a stain that i cannot remove its been over 2 months... im so mad and i dont know any way to take it out.. i think it ate into the paint... =(
Old 06-25-2007, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei
From what you described, I think you are OK. As long as the bird fecal matter (I hate saying poop) has not etched, I found that a few days in the sun, will fade away the faint yellow stain. In my early days of owing my '06 G35, was very religious about doing "bird fecal matter" patrol on a daily basis. I basically dealt with the issue at hand, in real time. Lately, I let my car go about 2 weeks between washing and worse, 2 weeks without a POOP PATROL. I noticed the same thing after washing, the faint yellow stain was there. I decided to deal with it later. Later was a couple days, and the stain faded away. Anyway, I am back on the daily watch duty officer routine.
I have found with time, even some minor etching tends to disappear. I am in the habit of removing bird droppings, even if the car is already dirty, I had an experience with a car I owned a long time ago were I left some bird crap on the hood of my car until the next wash, and it made a hole in the paint, almost like battery acid! The yellow stains from my experience aren't a big deal, they do go away.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:17 PM
Customize this
I had the same problem and my buddy gizmo used a clay bar to completely remove the stain.
Old 06-30-2007, 06:21 PM
SEC > Big 12
ABC System

+1 on the claybar, also try the ABC system from auto international.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:30 PM
I was going to say claybar also. Or try Zaino Z5 I've had good results with
removing contaminants with Z5.