Any experience with franchised garage (canadian tire, speedy...etc) - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | baltiyskiy-vokzal.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

    > > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Any experience with franchised garage (canadian tire, speedy...etc)


Any experience with franchised garage (canadian tire, speedy...etc)

Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-12-2011, 03:15 AM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2008
location: North York
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Any experience with franchised garage (canadian tire, speedy...etc)

Hi,

Have you guys ever taking your car to franchised garage like canadian tire, speedy, active green + ross, midas...etc

People probably will have a lot negative thoughts on canadian tire.
What about the others? I am considering taking my car to speedy or midas for maintenance.

Would you guys take your ride to those garage too?
If not, why not?
Old 03-12-2011, 04:23 AM
Tabris's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (3)
Join Date: Feb 2010
location: SK, Canada
Posts: 734
Thanked 41 Times in 21 Posts
I let Canadian tire handle my seasonal tire changes, my last oil change, and replacing my front rotors/brake pads.

What I find is that earlier in the day they have their older more experienced tech people in. Later in the evenings are the kids holding down a job.

I spoke with one of the techs last time and he seemed to know a lot. Every Canadian tire will be different though.

If I had some more major work to do, I'd take it to a trusted local mechanic.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:02 AM
Registered User
iTrader: (37)
Join Date: Sep 2006
location: Alberta
Posts: 5,747
Thanked 310 Times in 226 Posts
I have never had a good experience at a chain garage. I would take it to the stealership before I went to a Canadian Tire or the others you listed.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:56 AM
Registered User
iTrader: (13)
Join Date: Mar 2005
location: Kitchener
Posts: 3,091
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jksjks View Post
Hi,

Have you guys ever taking your car to franchised garage like canadian tire, speedy, active green + ross, midas...etc

People probably will have a lot negative thoughts on canadian tire.
What about the others? I am considering taking my car to speedy or midas for maintenance.

Would you guys take your ride to those garage too?
If not, why not?
Welcome,
What'ev you got?
I've let CT do little stuff on my other cars, change winters, wiper blades and have had Mr. Lube do Synth. oil changes, Tranny and rad flushes. Usually I bring my own fluids and make sure they do it the way I've researched DIY's on here. For anything else, a trusted mechanic or if warranty, stealership. In our area (KW) Guelph infinity seems to give good service. I've also had work done in a pinch at a Nissan dealership (more of them and closer to me) as their techs are good and work on Zs. They also have some good deals on Oil change packages.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:07 AM
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Apr 2008
location: Toronto, GTA
Posts: 944
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
i remember couple of people had s***** experience at Canadian Tire. I drive almost 100kms to New market to Simones even for oil change. I just cant trust these franchises, they are not used to seeing g35s a lot. But if you know a knowledgealbe mechanic in one of those franchises, i would only take it when my guy is working there. or else neverr!!!
Old 03-12-2011, 11:42 AM
GEE35FX's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
Join Date: Nov 2004
location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 14,044
Thanked 30 Times in 29 Posts
I never go to these places for service especially Canadian Tire.
Years ago I had an older car a 4 door 1964 Valiant. It was a one owner car with extremely low mileage and sat in a garage for years. This was a car for my wife to drive around with our 3 children. Well the brakes were partially ceased from sitting, so to be safe for Karen and the kids I took it to Crappy Tire. WRONG!!!!, Those a$$holes could have killed my wife and kids!!!. I told them to go over the brakes totally, check the brakes, cylinders, brake lines, and give it a good flush.
Well the next day Karen was with the kids and she came up to a stop sign on a downhill, she applied the brakes and NOTHING she went right through the stop sign, across the street and was rolling down the hill towards Lake Huron. Luckily, as she was heading for the lake and turned so she would run into the big fence around the tennis court there she applied the parking brake just prior to hitting the fence.
A brake line blew on the car, when I checked it, it was very obvious it should have been replaced.
When I went to the Crappy Tire shop, they actually had to stop me from attacking the mechanic. That mechanic eventually lost his license. I threatened to sue them so they paid for the tow and the repairs at the Chrysler Dealers.
Never, ever, will I let any of my vehicles enter a CTC bay.

Last edited by GEE35FX; 03-12-2011 at 12:13 PM.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:46 AM
GEE35FX's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
Join Date: Nov 2004
location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 14,044
Thanked 30 Times in 29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatacar View Post
Welcome,
What'ev you got?
I've let CT do little stuff on my other cars, change winters, wiper blades and have had Mr. Lube do Synth. oil changes, Tranny and rad flushes. Usually I bring my own fluids and make sure they do it the way I've researched DIY's on here. For anything else, a trusted mechanic or if warranty, stealership. In our area (KW) Guelph infinity seems to give good service. I've also had work done in a pinch at a Nissan dealership (more of them and closer to me) as their techs are good and work on Zs. They also have some good deals on Oil change packages.
Sam, Sam, that is not how you spell Infiniti
Old 03-12-2011, 01:10 PM
InTgr8r's Avatar
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
iTrader: (23)
Join Date: Jan 2004
location: Toronto, GTA north
Posts: 21,095
Thanked 44 Times in 36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEE35FX View Post
I never go to these places for service especially Canadian Tire.
......
Never, ever, will I let any of my vehicles enter a CTC bay.
+1 Wayne
Had a bad experience with brakes at CDN tire too.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:25 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jan 2010
location: Victoria, BC.
Posts: 157
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Seasonal tire changes on my Integra---YES--Now that we owner a G...Hell would have to freeze over...( looked close for awhile this year )...I use 2 shops in town that i trust..(ITNKICN is having his work done there..I sure hope he still likes me )....Its hard to find a fair and trusted shop to get work done....I trust those people that ive know for many years and have a friend in the auto painting business that i trust with his suggestions.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:54 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Apr 2008
location: Toronto, GTA
Posts: 944
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
JKSJKS

btw welcome to the board, try also updating your location in your avatar so we know where do you live, if you live in GTA, there are still better options then franchises, (i know if you search gta mechanics in the board, lot of other members have someone they go i.e mississauga,markham, scarborough)

since for those changes the price is pretty much same range. at least they are dependable.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:37 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2008
location: North York
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
I let Canadian tire handle my seasonal tire changes, my last oil change, and replacing my front rotors/brake pads.

What I find is that earlier in the day they have their older more experienced tech people in. Later in the evenings are the kids holding down a job.

I spoke with one of the techs last time and he seemed to know a lot. Every Canadian tire will be different though.

If I had some more major work to do, I'd take it to a trusted local mechanic.
I believe the only place that you will see kids working there is Canadian Tire, I'll stay away from there as well.

I used to go to speedstar, but it hard to book a appointment on the same day (You know when you want something done, you want it right away). I talked to the mechanic from Midas, and he seems to know their stuff. I didn't hear much negative experience one the other chain garage other than CanadianTire.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:30 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (13)
Join Date: Mar 2005
location: Kitchener
Posts: 3,091
Thanked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEE35FX View Post
Sam, Sam, that is not how you spell Infiniti
OMG, what a newbie error. I must have been ahlf asleep.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:16 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Apr 2008
location: Toronto, GTA
Posts: 944
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jksjks View Post
I believe the only place that you will see kids working there is Canadian Tire, I'll stay away from there as well.

I used to go to speedstar, but it hard to book a appointment on the same day (You know when you want something done, you want it right away). I talked to the mechanic from Midas, and he seems to know their stuff. I didn't hear much negative experience one the other chain garage other than CanadianTire.
same day appointments Vic (simone ) is the best, never made me wait at all, as long as it is nothing complicated (even a complete brake job, i had to wait 1-2 hrs, including the tour he takes the car to make sure brakes are working well) but i usually book the 8-9am appointments, or call the day before, towards the end of the day)
Old 03-12-2011, 07:31 PM
GEE35FX's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (2)
Join Date: Nov 2004
location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 14,044
Thanked 30 Times in 29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatacar View Post
OMG, what a newbie error. I must have been ahlf asleep.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:41 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: May 2008
location: Alberta Canada
Posts: 248
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Oh I got my winter tires mounted last year at canadian tire because I needed them on before the snow came the next evening. All winter I drove this car that at higher speeds, ie 90kmh+, created vibrations that you could strongly feel through the steering wheel. I thought, oh these winter tires boy they drive funny, wrong, got them mounted at my favorite tire shop this year properly and they drive perfectly.

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
jsimonk's g35 sedan progress thread jsimonk General Media Share 14 04-15-2017 09:57 PM
ISO New Wheels. JaeXL G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 4 08-04-2015 08:43 AM
Replaced G with QX50 multimut Canada 0 07-26-2015 09:43 PM
FS[Canada]: PIAA Super Rozza 19 inch rims (G35/350Z) on Michelin Pilot Sport yellowshirt Wheels & Tires CDN 0 07-25-2015 08:46 PM


Tags
canada, canadian, car, change, fx35, g35, g35x, garage, infiniti, midas, oil, speedee, taking, tire, working
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:01 AM.


Copyright ©2002 - 2017, baltiyskiy-vokzal.ru All Rights Reserved. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in:

Related pages


costco tires nitrogenstrut tower brace worth itinfinitu g35bmw 135i forumstornado throttle body spacerpo506 engine codeinfiniti g35 window motormpg comparisonsspintech wheelscoilover vs strutcanister vent solenoid valve replacementlexus is350 performance upgradesg35 picsturbonetics gtk 8502000 saleen s281greddy catch cang35 horsepowertein s techmegan racing replacement partsbmw dealer diagnostic fee335xi reliabilityspill free funnel napag35 reargreddy 18gdyno bolt350z sts turbo kitpink slip dmvprincess auto edmbrembo brake greasefuse for tail lightsk&n hp 1010armytrix exhaust 370zlimo tint all around2003 infiniti q35ball joints autozonetpms retrofitwhistle tip exhaustjdm midwestvalvoline maxlife transmission fluidmegan coilovers 240sxhow to drift automatic rwdq35 infinitypanny dropperinfiniti g35 racingaem wideband o2bad engine mount symptomse46 strut tower bracewhite xxr 530tomei expreme tirim repair nyc4 door gtrswitching to full synthetic oilforgiato staggered rims2005 nissan 350z supercharger kitinfiniti headlights g35350z wheel fitment guideskyline jdmhid brightnessg37 coupe manualtemporary tags marylandxxr 530 canadaexhaust body cut outescort radar power cordcost to repair windshield wiper motortc-w3 oilr1 owners clubred rockets wagjagplasti dip paint for rimsgrain of wheat bulbstls rimsnismo lmgt4 wheelsg35 transmission