Infiniti G35 or Scion FR-S - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | baltiyskiy-vokzal.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

    > >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Infiniti G35 or Scion FR-S


Infiniti G35 or Scion FR-S

Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-21-2015, 09:23 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 11
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question Infiniti G35 or Scion FR-S

I'm still in highschool and so my parents are planning on purchasing me a used car. And I had 2 cars in mind, the G35 Coupe 2006 and FR-S 2015. I've done some research and found that...

G35:
Significantly higher horse power
Supposedly more comfortable

FR-S:
Better looks
Better handling
Better fuel economy

I know this is a really stupid comparison, especially on a G35 forum.

If you were in my position, which car would you get?

Note:
G35 used will be 15k or lower
Scion FR-S 1.0 2015 will be around 22k or lower i believe

Last edited by Frankie Xenon; 08-22-2015 at 02:28 PM.
Old 08-21-2015, 09:42 PM
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,925
Thanked 183 Times in 163 Posts
The G is a better choice IMO. Not because I own one but, it does many things well. It's a great Grand Tourer, looks good parked at fancy restaurants, not too shabby on a road course, looks great going to church, still turns heads, great platform for modifications, chick magnet, and so forth and so on. I'm sure the scion can do the same but, it doesn't look nearly as good as a G doing it.
Old 08-22-2015, 12:35 AM
ScraggleRock's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 6,627
Thanks: 0
Thanked 694 Times in 589 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Xenon View Post
I'm still in highschool and so my parents are planning on purchasing me a used car. And I had 2 cars in mind, the G35 Coupe 2006 and FR-S 2015. I've done some research and found that...

G35:
Significantly higher horse power
Supposedly more comfortable

FR-S:
Better looks
Better handling
Better fuel economy

I know this is a really stupid comparison, especially on a G35 forum.

If you were in my position, which car would you get?
Did you just say the FR-S is better looking than a G35 coupe? Hahahahahahahahaha

This is a troll post right? You're out of your mind. The G coupe is one if the best looking cars to come out in the last 40 years. The FR-S looks like a gay cockroach.

Also, the FR-S does not have better handling. The G coupe pulls 0.91 Gs on the skid pad and the FR-S pulls 0.89 on stock tires. The FR-S is a garbage child's slow gay ricer toy.
Old 08-22-2015, 01:31 AM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 11
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScraggleRock View Post
Did you just say the FR-S is better looking than a G35 coupe? Hahahahahahahahaha

This is a troll post right? You're out of your mind. The G coupe is one if the best looking cars to come out in the last 40 years. The FR-S looks like a gay cockroach.

Also, the FR-S does not have better handling. The G coupe pulls 0.91 Gs on the skid pad and the FR-S pulls 0.89 on stock tires. The FR-S is a garbage child's slow gay ricer toy.
Lol, love your wording. If my parents were to purchasing a used G35. What mileage would be considered high?
Or would that also depend on how the person was using and taking care of the car.





Old 08-22-2015, 01:54 AM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 11
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Brooks View Post
The G is a better choice IMO. Not because I own one but, it does many things well. It's a great Grand Tourer, looks good parked at fancy restaurants, not too shabby on a road course, looks great going to church, still turns heads, great platform for modifications, chick magnet, and so forth and so on. I'm sure the scion can do the same but, it doesn't look nearly as good as a G doing it.
What about in terms of fuel economy?
Old 08-22-2015, 03:15 AM
ScraggleRock's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 6,627
Thanks: 0
Thanked 694 Times in 589 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Xenon View Post
Lol, love your wording. If my parents were to purchasing a used G35. What mileage would be considered high?
Or would that also depend on how the person was using and taking care of the car.





There are plenty of people who have kept these in time capsules basically. They were classics from day one. I recently saw one online with 20k miles. Whatever you do, just don't buy one that's been modded. Try to find one that's dead, bone stock. That usually means it was driven by an older, more responsible owner. If you can find one in the 60-80k mile range (obviously the lower the better), you'll have plenty of use left in it.

I will warn you, tho, this car is not cheap to maintain. Everything is expensive, and you won't get close to the MPG that the scion gets.
Old 08-22-2015, 06:18 AM
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Oct 2008
location: Chesapeake, VA
Posts: 492
Thanked 43 Times in 42 Posts
Good "Life is Too Short To Stay Stock" video with a cool sounding FRS at 1:50


For you, I would say get the FRS. It is newer, will be under warranty, will cost less to maintain, but more reliable, and get better gas mileage.

It won't be as fast as a G35 stock, but you can supercharge it later.

The only reason for the "low" skidpad numbers is that the FRS comes stock with Prius tires to get the low rolling resistance and high mpg. Change the tires and then the low weight and very low center of gravity (lower than a Porsch Cayman) will make it a very fun track/autcross car, without too much power to get you in trouble.

Supercharged, the FRS is stupid fast and handle great. If you can find a very slightly used one, like a garage queen, and slap a supercharger/tune/exhaust on it and for less than 30 grand (if you do the work yourself) you could have a hell of a little car.

I think the FRS fits the younger crowd. Lots of potential.

For me, I'd rather have the G. More luxurious, smoother ride, more prestigious, more sophisticated.

It is getting old, though, but still looks good.
Old 08-22-2015, 09:32 AM
G2B35AGN's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (9)
Join Date: Mar 2013
location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 892
Thanked 107 Times in 100 Posts
Infiniti G35 or Scion FR-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Xenon
fuel economy
For the G, that's an oxymoron.
Old 08-22-2015, 01:19 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 11
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScraggleRock View Post
There are plenty of people who have kept these in time capsules basically. They were classics from day one. I recently saw one online with 20k miles. Whatever you do, just don't buy one that's been modded. Try to find one that's dead, bone stock. That usually means it was driven by an older, more responsible owner. If you can find one in the 60-80k mile range (obviously the lower the better), you'll have plenty of use left in it.

I will warn you, tho, this car is not cheap to maintain. Everything is expensive, and you won't get close to the MPG that the scion gets.
By "not cheap to maintain" what price point are we looking at?
Old 08-22-2015, 02:20 PM
Texasscout's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (11)
Join Date: Feb 2005
location: South Texas
Posts: 27,193
Thanked 1,439 Times in 1,129 Posts
Always go with the Newer car. As a student, you don't need to be spending money on repairs and you WILL spend money on a ten year old G. If you MUST have one, stay away from 05-06' Rev-up (manual) cars.
Old 08-22-2015, 02:26 PM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 11
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasscout View Post
Always go with the Newer car. As a student, you don't need to be spending money on repairs and you WILL spend money on a ten year old G. If you MUST have one, stay away from 05-06' Rev-up (manual) cars.
If i may ask, what is wrong with the 05-06 models?
Old 08-22-2015, 02:30 PM
ScraggleRock's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (4)
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 6,627
Thanks: 0
Thanked 694 Times in 589 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Xenon View Post
By "not cheap to maintain" what price point are we looking at?
19mpg on premium
~$1000 for a set of tires
$100 headlight bulb
$1000 headlights
$60 for a set of spark plugs
Constant suspension part failures that cost a bunch of money if you can't fix it yourself, etc.

It's just a never ending maintenance machine, especially at ~10 yrs old.
Old 08-22-2015, 02:37 PM
Texasscout's Avatar
Registered User
iTrader: (11)
Join Date: Feb 2005
location: South Texas
Posts: 27,193
Thanked 1,439 Times in 1,129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Xenon View Post
If i may ask, what is wrong with the 05-06 models?
SOME, 05' and 06' models known as having the "Rev-Up" motor (higher redline) are known Oil Eaters. I own one, I don't have that problem, but the forum is replete with stories of people that do. The motors were only put in the Manual Transmission cars. So an Automatic should be fine.
Old 08-23-2015, 01:20 AM
Registered User
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,925
Thanked 183 Times in 163 Posts
Wow, so many of you guys complain about your G's once they get 10 years of age. I have an 05 6mt coupe and, I love it. I've got just over 63,000 miles on my coupe and the only thing I've had to replace were the front brakes (not due to anything but normal wear). These are great cars and will last for years when maintained properly. From time to time it see 110-125 mph and it always feels rock solid. I have mild mods such as a Fujita max 5 intake, exotic speed catback exhaust, Tanabe lowering springs, Rennen 20 inch wheels, upgraded stereo and, finned diff cover just to name a few. I use Royal Purple regularly. Of course more mods are coming but, I have absolutely no complaints about my coupe. I NEVER EVER name my car after a woman. Call me crazy but, I believe cars take on a kind of spirit of whatever you name it. My motto. Take care of your car and it'll take care of you. My previous black coupe had over 122,000 miles on it but, you couldn't tell by looking at it. My Diamond Graphite 6mt coupe turns heads daily (clean or dirty) I look forward to owning my coupe forever and it'll ALWAYS look and run like new.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Brooks For This Useful Post:
Justice06RR (09-05-2015)
Old 08-23-2015, 01:39 AM
Registered User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 11
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Brooks View Post
Wow, so many of you guys complain about your G's once they get 10 years of age. I have an 05 6mt coupe and, I love it. I've got just over 63,000 miles on my coupe and the only thing I've had to replace were the front brakes (not due to anything but normal wear). These are great cars and will last for years when maintained properly. From time to time it see 110-125 mph and it always feels rock solid. I have mild mods such as a Fujita max 5 intake, exotic speed catback exhaust, Tanabe lowering springs, Rennen 20 inch wheels, upgraded stereo and, finned diff cover just to name a few. I use Royal Purple regularly. Of course more mods are coming but, I have absolutely no complaints about my coupe. I NEVER EVER name my car after a woman. Call me crazy but, I believe cars take on a kind of spirit of whatever you name it. My motto. Take care of your car and it'll take care of you. My previous black coupe had over 122,000 miles on it but, you couldn't tell by looking at it. My Diamond Graphite 6mt coupe turns heads daily (clean or dirty) I look forward to owning my coupe forever and it'll ALWAYS look and run like new.
The car i was looking for was a G35 white/ivory pearl colored coupe. But i have yet to find a G35 with those colors and at the same time, under 80k mileage, especially around my area (Philadelphia). I'm hearing that after around 50k mileage, the car would start to have problems and I wouldn't have much money to spend on repairing it besides regular maintenance under 1k. Because I am a highschool student, money is going to be a problem. So im trying to find out which would be the better choice. Like stated previously, im going to save more money with the FR-S because its newer and has a better fuel economy. But accounting the fact that the FR-S would cost extra 5k compared to G35 which is 15k or lower. At the same time the used G35 would all have 50k+ mileage meanwhile the FR-S will have under 50K. I will however be working part time, and full time next summer. So probably 500 a month.

Last edited by Frankie Xenon; 08-23-2015 at 01:45 AM.

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help! Rear creaking noise from my infiniti g35 2004 rezendvous420 G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 2 07-16-2016 11:55 AM
G35 w/Mopar Oil Filter??! ClwMike G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 7 07-23-2015 01:55 PM
'05 G35 coupe in Orlando Blakelyg35 New Members Check In 0 07-21-2015 01:49 PM

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:47 PM.


Copyright ©2002 - 2017, baltiyskiy-vokzal.ru All Rights Reserved. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in:

Related pages


2008 infiniti g35 sedan 0-60mazdaspeed6 awd10 inch kicker l5nitto invo tire reviewvertini hennessey wheelsescort smartcord live direct wirefh-p8000bt2006 nissan 350z problemso2 sensor downstreamundercarriage damagefast track violationaffordable rimsengine code po128infiniti g35 car partssg motorsports long tube headersis lojack worth it for carsnankang ns2 tyre reviewstar wars car sun shadeclutch pedal sticksz120btg35 sedan grille2012 infiniti g37x mpginnova obd21 inch drop springsinfiniti 2007 g35xpo452m45 supercharger2007 sti 0-60carbon fiber drive shaftmodified g35 couperockford fosgate p8002walmart windshield wiperinfinity basslink subwooferg37 vs q50beyma speakers any goodg35 throttle position sensorescort passport max mirror mountwindow tinting boston manissan maxima moddedtorque specs for front wheel bearingvarrstoen replicaxm radio acquiring signalturbo electric superchargerwhat is a ecm fusejl cleansweep installwheeldudestagg shs strutsinjen intake reviewpermaseal car wax reviewsnitto nt555 stretchls2 350zws2 exhaustlug nut taper angletail light plasti dipchanging antifreezegreddy ti-c exhaustg35 batteryjl audio w0 10super advan racing wheelszaino z6tire featheringhow to burnout in manualw69 1042jautomatic car shifter knobs2006 nissan 350z 0-60bmw grill emblemcoke rust removal mythbustersespelirinfiniti m37 coupeaudiobahn 10 inch subsp0300 fault codedrive shaft replacement costcan i add a usb port to my car stereo350z tein lowering springs