Bazooka install question... - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | baltiyskiy-vokzal.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • Bazooka install question...

Bazooka install question...

Old 08-26-2005, 07:31 PM
Bazooka install question...

I just purchased a Bazooka Tube (with the built-in amp) and was looking for some advice on the install. I'm not a big sound guy but was wondering if it is as simple as feeding the tube with the rear speaker wires or do I need to take into account the other speakers? I realize I will have to run power and somehow find the remote wire as well.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezuz
I just purchased a Bazooka Tube (with the built-in amp) and was looking for some advice on the install. I'm not a big sound guy but was wondering if it is as simple as feeding the tube with the rear speaker wires or do I need to take into account the other speakers? I realize I will have to run power and somehow find the remote wire as well.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
im not an expert but have moderate wiring knowledge and im sure others will add to this...

1. yes run the +12 line from the battery (fuse protected) and ground near the amp (as close as possible)
2. the remote wire isnt that big of a deal, if you cant find one just put it on in the fuse block (remove the fuse put trigger wire over one lead and push in) obviously use one that is controlled by the ignition (lighter is a good one)
3. you didnt mention what type of head unit the car has. if its a bose... GL your gonna need to find the right speaker lines going to the rear bose amp (before it exits the amp to the speakers) . if its a regular radio its no big deal just tie it into the highlevel and your good to go... unless you need a converter to make it lowlevel for the bass tube.

yes its just that easy attach the rear speaker wires (non-bose) and your good to go, one thing is you need to make sure the phase is right. otherwise your speakers will be canceling themselves out.

hope this helped abit

ppp
Old 08-26-2005, 11:25 PM
Thank a bunch !

It is the Bose with the amp in the trunk. I found the wire diagram on this forum and located the rear speaker input from the deck. So, I guess I will tap/splice into the right and left rear speaker wires before the amp and run to the input on the tube, right ? In this case, is there any need to use the output speaker wires from the Tube ?

D===RL/RR======Bose Amp=====RL/RR Speakers
E ||
C ||=========Bazooka w/amp speaker input
K
Old 08-27-2005, 12:35 PM
HELP!!

Tried install this morning and the Bazooka no boom!!

1. Ran power from battery to Bazooka
2. Grounded to Chassis
3. Connected the remote to the light blue/silver wire running to the stock amp
!!! Power LED ON !!!
4. Spliced into the speaker wires going into the stock Bose amp as follows:

+Blue and - Pink into the RR speaker input at the Bazooka amp
+Teal and - Purple into the RL speaker input at the Bazooka amp

Paused and had a beer at 9am.... Then another....

Turned up the Stereo and NO BOOM
Played around with the Phase switch....
Gave up...
Felt like crap then had another Beer!!

Can anyone help ?
Thanks
Old 08-27-2005, 12:46 PM
Premier Dough Slapper
LOL... How were the beers?

OK, now are you positive you have power? Everything checks out (amp lights up)? Your remote line is connected and working properly (solid 12V when you turn on the ignition)? If so, then it's probably your line in (often the case). Are you using the tubes speaker level inputs? Have you considered getting a speaker to RCA line converter? How did you go about "tapping" into the rear speakers and where did you tap into them? How are you conencting everything (reason why I ask, is that I've actually seen "wont mention any names now" some people simply WRAPING AROUND WIRES to the terminals of the speakers, thinking they'll just stay in place, making ZERO contact, and then complaining they're getting no sound)...

Your problem is probably a very easy one to fix, if only I had it to check it all out. Over the net like this, it becomes a little troublesome to trace down such problems, but we can try....
Old 08-27-2005, 01:52 PM
Beers were Great!! At least i'll get my head pounding in the morning if not the sub!!

Thanks for your input.

- amp light turns on.
- used test light and power checks out
- remote line seems to be working... LED on amp is Green when the deck is on, and LED off when deck is off.

- I tapped into them at the input to the stock bose amp, cut wire spliced in the Bazooka line and soldered the wires then taped.

I posted a drawing of the set up

would you mind having a look ?

Cheers!!
Old 08-27-2005, 02:42 PM
Premier Dough Slapper
Hmmm, so the tube has no RCA inputs? I was just going to say, grab a speaker line to RCA converter and try that. It usually is easier and works better. But from what I can gather, and I still think the reason you're not getting any bass is froma lack of input signal. You know what, I've got an idea... Give this a try....

Take the FR & RR speakers inputs and bridge them together (tie together the positives + and negatives -) and then do the same to the FL & RL inputs...

You should end up with two sets of inputs now, a combined right side (+ & -) and a combined left side (+ & -), now tap into any 2 sets of (either FR or RR) outputs from the OEM amp in relation to what you have setup from the step above...

Once you've done that, double and triple check, you've got power, a good gorund, and most importantly the gains up. Just raise it a tab bit, turn on your sound system, give it a second or two and see if you get anything. If you don't slowly raise the gains a bit as well as you headunits volume. If you still get nothing, we need to be certain the wires you're tapping into at the amp are in fact speaker outputs....
Old 08-27-2005, 03:20 PM
So if I understand correctly, I have already joined the F and R Inputs to the Bazooka. They are still connected to what I believe are the rear output from the Deck (still does not work). You are suggesting that I tap into the outputs from the OEM AMP instead of the Deck ??
Old 08-27-2005, 03:22 PM
BTW... this is the diagram im going to...

Factory speaker harness wiring colors

Front Right + Gray/Silver
Front Right - Yellow/Silver

Front Left + Green/Silver
Front Left - Red/Silver

Rear Door Right + Brown/Silver
Rear Door Right - Black/Silver

Rear Door Left + Green/Yellow
Rear Door Left - Black/Yellow

Rear Deck Right + Blue/Red
Rear Deck Right - Blue/White

Rear Deck Left + Blue/Yellow
Rear Deck Left - White/Green

Head unit output colors

Head Output Front Right + Orange/Blue
Head Output Front Right - White/Blue

Head Output Front Left + White
Head Output Front Left - Orange

Head Output Rear Right + Blue
Head Output Rear Right - Pink

Head Output Rear Left + Teal
Head Output Rear Left - Purple

Remote Wire Light Blue/ Silver
Old 08-27-2005, 04:46 PM
Premier Dough Slapper
Yea, try the output from the amp, as I have NO idea what the power levels (watts) are coming out of the headunit itself. It may just be there isnt enough juice for the speaker level inputs to power up the tube... I'm really not sure, but its worth a shot, and heck atleast that way you're certain there's "sound" going to the tube...

Try it...
Old 08-27-2005, 04:53 PM
Ok... I've connected to the stock amp speaker output as follows..

Rear Door Right + Brown/Silver
Rear Door Right - Black/Silver

Rear Door Left + Green/Yellow
Rear Door Left - Black/Yellow

Now I have the sub movin' but not so much, the two stock subs sound better. I found this thread suggesting to get the inputs from inside the speaker enclosure.

++++++
How do I add an amplified Bazooka to my Nissan/Delco Bose system?

DON'T PANIC! This is easily accomplished with any Amplified Bazooka.
What makes this application a little tricky is that Bose uses low impedance speakers (0.5 ohms) on their amplifiers (located inside the enclosure of each speaker) that use relatively small amounts of power to generate decent output volume from their speakers.
Also the signal from the Bose head unit to their amplifiers is not what one would typically considered speaker level or line level. It actually falls below what is normally considered to be line level. This makes the signal a little difficult to use to drive the inputs of most amplifiers
on the market.
The output from the Bose amplifiers however, is in the 3 Volt range. That puts it at the very bottom of the Amplified Bazooka speaker level input sensitivity which if used, may not leave you with much adjustment on the LEVEL control.
To avoid this potential problem we recommend that you drive the low level inputs of the Amplified Bazooka with the high level outputs of the Bose amplifiers.
This is accomplished by cutting the RCA connectors off of the Amplified Bazooka's low level input leads, and using the Blue wires as the positive leads and the White wires as negative leads. Tie into the high level leads of one right and one left Bose speaker. These high level
leads are located inside each enclosure just behind the speaker. Make your connections to these wires and run them out of each enclosure to the Amplified Bazooka inputs.
This configuration will allow you to have much greater control over the bass level adjustment and still take full advantage of the Amplified Bazooka's balanced input circuitry.
++++++++++
Old 08-27-2005, 05:17 PM
sorry was MIA for the past couple of day(s) and gotta run.

sounds like your heading in the right direction !

gl and keep us informed of your status !

ppp
Old 08-28-2005, 05:16 PM
Does anyone know if there is a difference between tapping into the speaker output at the bose amp or, at the rear sub speaker terminals??
I'm just not getting the base I expected ?

Does anyone have a powered bazooka installed ?

thanks,,
Old 08-28-2005, 10:23 PM
Finally got it !!

The trick was to tap the sub wires out of the bose amp.

thanks to those who pitched in!!
Old 09-01-2005, 08:33 PM
which baz. did u install and how is the sound quality...any pics if you have them