G25 add subwoofer - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | baltiyskiy-vokzal.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • G25 add subwoofer

G25 add subwoofer

Old 04-19-2012, 04:03 PM
G25 add subwoofer

I have a G25 Journey and just realized that it does not have a subwoofer on the rear deck.

I looked in the trunk and the opening is there. I know that I can purchase the BOSE subwoofer and the rear deck for a G37 with the subwoofer housing. (Roughly $200 for the rear deck alone...).

My question is does anybody know the differences between the audio systems in the G25 vs G37. The dealer told me that I have a BOSE system however, I do not see BOSE logos on the speakers in the car. More importantly, will the amplifier in the G25 power the added subwoofer or will I have to replace the current amplifier as well?

I suppose I could just add a separate amp to the Bose sub as an alternative if the current amp will not support but this will add to the cost.

Any suggestions/alternatives? The stereo sounds great already but I would love to add a little punch to it without breaking the bank.

Thank you.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:17 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure
This is the 2003-2007 forum. You're in the wrong place.

http://baltiyskiy-vokzal.ru/forums/g37-v36-sedan-2009-436/

But you'll need a new amp to power a sub, you'll do what people have done in cars without built-in subs have done for years - buy a LOC, a box, a wiring kit and a sub and put it in the trunk.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut View Post
This is the 2003-2007 forum. You're in the wrong place.

http://baltiyskiy-vokzal.ru/forums/g37-v36-sedan-2009-436/

But you'll need a new amp to power a sub, you'll do what people have done in cars without built-in subs have done for years - buy a LOC, a box, a wiring kit and a sub and put it in the trunk.
I thought this was the audio/video forum....???

I do not want to add a box and sub in the trunk. The trunk space is way more valuable to me than a subwoofer. Ideally, I would like to just add a sub to the rear deck.

Are you certain that the amp in my car is not the same as the one with the premium system?

Does anyone know where I can research installed parts and parts numbers to confirm?

Thank you.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:52 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironlung79 View Post
I thought this was the audio/video forum....???

I do not want to add a box and sub in the trunk. The trunk space is way more valuable to me than a subwoofer. Ideally, I would like to just add a sub to the rear deck.

Are you certain that the amp in my car is not the same as the one with the premium system?

Does anyone know where I can research installed parts and parts numbers to confirm?

Thank you.
5min of google search results:
The premium audio system isn't even available on a G25.
In the systems with premium audio, the amp is located in the trunk.
If you want to know all about the premium audio system and amp you don't have, read this thread:
http://baltiyskiy-vokzal.ru/forums/v36-aud...-170-pics.html
Old 04-20-2012, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathernaut View Post
5min of google search results:
The premium audio system isn't even available on a G25.
In the systems with premium audio, the amp is located in the trunk.
If you want to know all about the premium audio system and amp you don't have, read this thread:
http://baltiyskiy-vokzal.ru/forums/v36-aud...-170-pics.html
Thank you, I know that the premium system is not available for the G25 and I know where the amp is located. My question is simple, does my car have the same amp? Is there a parts list somewhere for each car?

I did a google search and there is nothing on this topic as my car is brand new this year and there are not a lot of discussions involving the G25 at this time.

I come from CL and have been a valued member there for many many years. This is my first non Lexus auto that I have purchased and I am hoping to find the same courtesy, support and enthusiasm that CL members offer one another.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:16 AM
We are here to help but this is a G35 forum

Most people wont know much about a G25 or G37

most Bose systems will use their own amps and speakers. It wont be the same as the non bose set up in a similar car model.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:51 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure
Quote:
Thank you, I know that the premium system is not available for the G25 and I know where the amp is located. My question is simple, does my car have the same amp? Is there a parts list somewhere for each car?

I did a google search and there is nothing on this topic as my car is brand new this year and there are not a lot of discussions involving the G25 at this time.

I come from CL and have been a valued member there for many many years. This is my first non Lexus auto that I have purchased and I am hoping to find the same courtesy, support and enthusiasm that CL members offer one another.
There's plenty of support here, but you're still going to get a lot better support if you take it to .

Yes, the G25 is "new" but everything inside it is a G37, .
Old 04-21-2012, 09:05 AM
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I am still new to the Infiniti scene and I understand now that the V35 is for the 03-09 G35.

Thanks!
Old 04-21-2012, 09:05 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo
Thanked 1,223 Times in 989 Posts
Quote:

Dude did you really just bag on Wrathernut? He's one of the most helpful people on this forum and tried to steer you in the right direction, smh.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:15 AM
Where in my comment was I ever disrespectful or mean to someone? Where did I "bag" on someone...

He helped and I thanked him. I don't see the issue here...

If anything he was disrespectful to me with comments like, "a 5min google search" and "the premium system you don't have" but I still didn't take any offense to it as I know there are plenty of people out there that do not do their fair share of research before posting. Plus the fact that I was posting the wrong forums as I could not locate the G37 forums and thought this was the only forum for all the G class cars.

Anyway, thanks again for the help and sorry to bother you guys on this forum.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:18 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure
Don't worry about it, I'm blunt, it happens. Hope you get all the help you need elsewhere!