2way remote start/alarm DONE [CompuStar Pro P2W9000FM-AS ] - - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion | baltiyskiy-vokzal.ru
Show Your Support Become A Premier Member

> >
  • Reload this Page >
    • 2way remote start/alarm DONE [CompuStar Pro P2W9000FM-AS ]

2way remote start/alarm DONE [CompuStar Pro P2W9000FM-AS ]

Old 08-22-2008, 12:55 AM
2way remote start/alarm DONE [CompuStar Pro P2W9000FM-AS ]

This is my 3rd Compustar after having 3 DEI products previously. You just can't beat these things for insanely long range / manual transmission remote starters. I'm in snow country so being able to start from inside walmart or from my IT lab (middle of metal building) is priceless.

Install was done by Audio Playground for $560 + a $90 Compustar blade immobilizer bypass module. This bypass was new to me as it directly interfaces with the nissan CAN computer network in order to "hotwire" the car. My previous Compustars were all done with the generic DEI key bypass which is a little cheaper, but you lose a key. It's funny reading about these things on Compustar's site as they refer to installers needing to download firmware updates and what-not. It's crazy how in depth this arena has become.

As we get into winter, I'm sure I'll appreciate the inside car temp. display that the pro series remotes come with. It also displays vehicle voltage which is amusing but will probably never get used. I do like the windshield mounted RPS sensor which allows you to enter in a "knock" code to unlock your doors if you lock keys in the car.

For those of you familiar with the reservation modes required to safely remote start MT tranny's, this setup has an interesting option. You of course need to be in neutral with parking set, but instead of setting immediately after closing the drivers door, you can have an extra 10 seconds to walk over to the passenger door and open it before reservation mode engages. Really nice for those of us with kids. This option wasn't enabled by default but was easy to program using the dealer install guide on compustars website.

Here's the pics starting with the antenae at top of windshield:

Pro remote which uses a AAA battery

RPS sensor which flashes blue in cordination with the dash mounted LED
Old 08-22-2008, 05:18 PM
very nice, is it legal where you are to have a remote start on a manual?

I love the knock feature, if you're going to play sports or something it's awesome to just leave everything in the car.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:19 PM
Most shops used to shy away from manual installs due to liability concerns (but no laws that I'm aware of). That all changed several years ago when manual specific starters started coming out with neutral and parking brake safeguards.